Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Trying To Remember Everything

Hey all!

So, as I said I'd try to do - I'm posting in a shorter time interval than normal. I was smart enough to write down little notes of everything I did, as I must be getting old - I hardly remember anything I do any more...

So, Saturday - After of course having come home on the train the previous day, I got to sleep in which felt utterly incredible. As the cold weather (well, it's not so much cold, but more so it changes by a couple of degrees, which feels like ten degrees to me - so my body's a tad messed up) messes with my head. So, Asta and Kristin went to the hairdressers - and I got hot chocolate  I didn't have to buy it, the hairdressers just gave it to me! And supposedly this is 'normal' here? If it's normal in Australia I'm going to have to hide in a hole a pretend I knew this whole time, but that's such a hassle. So let's all just play along for my sake and think it's incredible and should be implemented in any shop I enter from now on? Anyway, here I am again talking about food.... Followed by this, we went - you guessed it - FOOD SHOPPING! Of course there was other shopping, I managed to get a few presents for some family back in Australia, so I was very happy. Of course I got myself a pig shaped cookie cutter, so I'm going to have to bring gingerbread or something delicious to school when I get back, all to be pig-shaped. As shall all sweet bread like things I make from now on...  When we got back, I posted something back home (hint hint to someone in particular who I suspect still doesn't read this - 'cause this has got to be helpful to them, right?) while walking the two gorgeous dogs. It was quite fun, I enjoyed just being outside and walking - I've missed it a lot actually, even if I don't do it too much at home. But wait, there's more. I 'helped' make some food for a party/get together that happened Saturday night. I'm quite pathetic in the kitchen, so I just cut bread and put oil on it - skill right there people. So when everyone came I got to meet a heap of new people! After a while I went typical 'Zoe' style, and was given Harry Potter and proceeded to crawl up to my room and watch it in bed - 'twas a night well spent! That pretty much summarises Saturday.

Sunday was just as good - we went  out around noon to Max's (host Dad) Mother's home. It was just a lovely home and she was such a kinda lady, I really liked her! Anyway, a heap of family showed up - one guy (Asta's cousin) and I eventually found mutual ground that identified to be the IB (I have no idea if this sentence makes grammatical sense, but no squiggly line so I think it's okay!). After lunch - which was a typical Danish meal, very similar to the one's I have had in England around Christmas - Asta's cousin and I started talking a great deal about the IB, it was great! I learnt that regardless of where you learn IB it HAS to be taught in English - how cool would that be, because you could do English as your second language, when really it's quite easy because you use it in every subject. I thought it was incredible really. Anyway, I had a great time, and had incredible conversation. Then of course Asta and I and numerous other's made the long train trip back to Rantz. Sadly, this will be the last I make - as this is my last week at Rantz, as it's their winter holidays for two weeks, then I am spending my last week here going to Scouts and other similar stuff. Which I think will be great! This was all decided on Sunday, so I thought I should add it in here.

Monday! I pulled a sicky! But because I was actually sick, I felt absolutely awful. I ended up spending the whole day in bed, and watching the first two Harry Potter movies, so it worked out fine. Supposedly I scared a few people with my random sleep talking about owning land and the pain in my neck. Yep, that's me. Messed up in the head even when I'm sleeping - I'll happily take any award anyone has to offer? I love awards...

So Tuesday - Tuesday was an utterly wonderful day! I woke up at 8am and swore everyone was insane because everyone was still sleeping (breakfast is at 7:30am) - but I wasn't told that breakfast had been pushed back till 10am. So after my mini freak out, and after breakfast. I was told that we were going ice-skating! Now I've been ice-skating once or twice before while I've stayed in England, so I thought I had some idea and I wouldn't make a complete fool of myself. I feel that I sound really stuck up saying that I think I was good at it - but I really did. I enjoyed ice-skating a lot indeed, and considering the amount of time I spent on the rink, I think I did pretty well! And I only fell over once, which was only when I was trying to change from skating backwards, to going forwards - yeah, bad mistake.  After ice-skating for about two hours, Asta, Maria and I went walk-about into (I have no idea how to spell the town's name) a town that spelt the way it sounds to me, almost resembles 'Svenbow' but I really have no idea how to spell or say it. It was lovely - I found myself a Lady and The Tramp jumper, which I still feel utterly ecstatic about! After that we went to Maccas, and I finally got a picture of the McSwag burger! Next post I'll just upload a ton of pictures, I cant find them at the moment. But just think - it means another post really soon! I was really awkward (as you'd probably guess) ordering anything. It always goes along the lines of "Ummm, I'm sorry do you speak English?" then I feel evil glares "why must you make me think so much harder silly girl! Why can't you learn Danish!" - I know they're terribly nice people, but I still feel incredibly awkward ordering anything. I eventually got a Happy Meal! Sadly I didn't get the toy... I don't even know if they do the toys here actually.. But after this, we went walk-about just around town. And there was this man playing the most beautiful Christmas carols on the accordion  It was magical, it was freezing outside, dark (even though it was only around 4) and he just sat there playing. A bunch of elderly gentlemen stood and listened - gosh it was lovely. It really made it feel like Christmas. We caught the bus back, and then I basically talked to people, and slept (exciting stuff hey?).

Now for today! It's mostly been a heap of cleaning today - lots of it actually. I'm proud to say I swept and mopped two full stair cases. One of which was one of those windy ones, and it had awkward walls on angles, so I kept hitting the wall - it was a pain! So lots of cleaning, and eating. Oh, everyone today kept mentioning that this week was my last week, so it's gotten around school some how. But that's okay, I'll be sad to leave everyone, but so many more adventures and epic *cough cough* blog posts await me!

So guys, I'm too lazy to proof read this one as I'm incredibly eager to get back to watching Dumbo! He's about to learn to fly! That's from what I remember last time I watched it, knowing my luck it'll turn out he can't fly and I'll just look a little special, but that's cool! I know elephants can fly, really they can.....

Hope you're all having a great week! Stay safe,

Zoe xx

No comments:

Post a Comment