Monday, December 3, 2012

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

Hey all!

So a lot's been happening since I last posted (I think), I went home for the weekend and forgot to take my computer. So it was rather difficult for be to be able to post anything - but anyway! I'll do it now!


As the title of this post suggests - IT'S BEEN SNOWING!! I love snow, like I mean I really love snow, a little too much really. I ran outside like a child as soon as I saw it, really showed that I wasn't from around here (if anything showed I was in the first place?). But it was only a little bit - on Wednesday/Thursday.

Then on Thursday it was "grandparents day" at school, so in the afternoon we played Bingo Bango (i.e. Bingo...). I'm proud to say I won three times! Twice of which were consecutive - gaining a giant salami, foot massager, pair of socks, some Danish film and a few other random things. 'Twas a good day.

Moving along to Friday, and really the weekend - it all blurred together. But to randomly interrupt this thought process -  that Friday was Josh's and mine 18 month anniversary <3 Just thought it'd be a great idea to include this, because for one, it made me very happy, and I still am happy - I believe I always will be with him in my life. But also, I want to see if he reads this at all, lets see shall we? But on Friday Asta, myself and a trillion other people took buses and trains home for the weekend. There weren't any spare seats on the train, so we sat on the floor for about an hour (yay...). But Asta and I went straight from there to the camp! This is where all the days blur together. I believe some meat dish was cooked that night. Actually I should probably describe where we went before I start talking about what we ate. It was a beautiful cabin in the woods, only had a fire for heating - so I froze. But it was good! We like, did HEAPS of cooking, planning, more cooking, built chairs from little trees we cut down (well attempted to make one anyway...), then more planning and cooking. It was lovely to see Scouts, I instantly felt incredibly comfortable with them all, and really hope I can see them all again before I leave. It snowed a lot that night! Friday night, it was beautiful - beautifully cold. We came home Saturday afternoon from here.

Now for Sunday! I managed not to blur everything together too much - over the weekend anyway! I didn't realise how much I'd done, I thought this would be a rather small post - but I guess not.. So we left for lunch and Bingo Bango around 11 or something in the morning, lunch with Kristin's (my host-Mom) Mom. Then yeah, Bingo - I won again! I actually won like 6 beers, because it's legal for 16 year olds to drink in Denmark. But I managed to trade them for Christmas cups instead, which was nice. It snowed again Saturday night, so there was fresh snow all day also. That was basically it for the weekend.

And today (Monday - 4th Dec) - well apart from travelling on a double-decker train (OH MY GOSH IT WAS AMAZING! No picture sadly), and managing to make my first purchase (the cashier speaking Danish) without any assistance! I know how lame that sounds, but I'm very proud to say I bought a doughnut in Denmark by myself. Well yeah, I learnt that if you type '241543903' into Google, you get heaps of pictures of people with their heads in freezers. I don't care how old this is, I'm highly amused. That's been my day! 

I hope you all excuse my run-on sentences, it's a horrible habit of mine. I hope you were all able to follow this post regardless, it's been a dreadfully un-organised mess :)
Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Zoe xx

P.S. All the photo's are just in my Facebook album! A link was in my previous post - you don't need Facebook to access it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds awesome Zoe :D I understand the snow thing, still does that to me, not that I see much snow these days anyway!

    Trains, yes very different to the Brisbane trains . . . . . can't say anymore about that!

    Continue to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete