Monday, December 10, 2012

2 Weeks Today, I Believe *mind blown*

Hey all!

It's me. Yet again. With another post. Whose excited?! Don't worry, I don't blame you if you aren't - but I certainly am!

So this post is just an update on what happened over the weekend, since last time I blogged was on Friday. This is the shortest interval between posts yet I believe?! Celebratory chocolate it is! Anyway, since it was the weekend, we didn't get up to very much. Friday we finished with the weekend song - I don't understand it, but it's to the tune of Hey Soul Sister, so I automatically loved it. It's much better than Friday, I assure you.... But the rest of what happened on Friday is in my previous post "School Time!".

Saturday = Massive Sleep In. We normally get up around 7:30 for breakfast, but Saturday we got to sleep in till like 10?! I'm a bit special and can't sleep in, so it just meant I had to starve for a while, but that doesn't matter too much. We got really good food. During the day it was a constant streaming of LOTR (Lord Of the Rings). I've never actually watched any of the movies before - shameful I know - so it was really great for me to be able to watch it. I'm not sure which of the movies I watched, but I enjoyed it regardless. After lunch we went for a walk down to (I've forgotten what it's called) the place where a heap of boats are kept on the water (see below).



It's a beautiful place regardless, and I had a heap of fun there. Some crazy guys decided to jump in the water, and I'm pretty sure they ran the entire way back to school in their dacks. So that pretty much concluded Saturday! Oh, it also snowed a massive amount overnight. So yeah, but I'll put those pictures under Sunday pictures so it looks like I did stuff on Sunday (smart idea Zoe).


So Sunday, I remember attempting to make stars, for a long time. They're like Christmas decorations, made out of paper, incredibly similar to origami - they look beautiful. But I failed numerous times. I also played around with 'pearls' - I relate them to Bindiz or Beados, except instead of using water, you iron it (?!). They look really cool!  And here's some pictures of snow.






















You guys like how I'm trying to be artistic by putting one picture on the left and one on the right? I thought so.

So today (Monday) it seems to be German all day, sadly I haven't managed to learn anything, but I'll have the opportunity to later. We sung what I assume to be 'O Christmas Tree' in German, which was fun. But I've mainly been writing CAS journals all day (I swear they're the devils form of fun), and getting no-where because they're so boring, so tedious. I mean, how are you supposed to be so reflective without being overly sarcastic with it? Or maybe that's just me... But anyway of course I've been writing this aswell, which I keep stopping and starting so has really taken me all day to write. Andddddd, that's it so far today. I'm determined to make a snow-man later, regardless of how numb my fingers go, I WILL DO IT!

I just wanted to say to you all, that it's been 2 weeks since I left home - making an utter fool of myself at the airport (why did no-one else cry?!). And it really has been an incredible trip so far. Those of you who have talked to me will know I struggled to begin with, missing home, being hungry at 4am because my body clocks been out of wack... But this marks the first third of my trip - and I'm incredibly excited for the rest! I miss everyone at home terribly, but I'm loving it here.

Also just a quick shout-out to Bethany - thank you for saying you like these posts, it really means a lot to me! I'll post again soon guys - I hope all of you had a great weekend, and continue to have a great week!

Zoe xx


No comments:

Post a Comment