Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Belated Week Overview

So, hey all! 

I have been a victim of time-mismanagement and disorganisation yet again! So, basically, I left boarding school for the weekend, and didn't take my laptop with me because I'm trying to be skillful bringing everything back home. Because it's a ridiculously long trip on a train (3hrs or something?) to get to school and home. So I didn't want to have everything left to the last day and not be able to bring everything back in time. So, without my computer, I was unable to blog. Which I had planned to do Friday night. But just think! This means you may get two posts today!


I'm being incredibly skillful and typing this all on a Danish computer (difference keyboard), so I apologize in advance if I have any major spelling issues, auto-correct actually hates me.Anyway, what's been up since Monday, well, A LOT! So I think this one will be a big post…

Anyway, starting with Tuesday. Tuesday was really quite a normal day, nothing out of the ordinary happened. Except I'm now kind of hooked on horror movies. Normally this wouldn't matter, but I'm one of those people who really can't handle scary things. So I'm now constantly petrified of everything - especially small children. So I'm walking around a little like a lunatic because I'm scared I'm going to die. What did I learn from this? Absolutely nothing, I keep watching them anyway. I'm half way through The Shining, at the moment it just seems messed up - so knowing my luck I'll just start having messed up dreams. But as long as no-one kills me, I'm quite content…

Wednesday, I started playing with Photo Shop! And guess what? I suck at it! (no surprise there) But it's fun, and I'm generally quite hopeless with computers, so I was very happy to be able to do basic stuff. Like insert a picture… Go me! But yeah, that was the morning. In the afternoon we had Spanish! Oh I really love Spanish, it was a really fun lesson as well. We didn't really learn anything, just made a heap of Spanish food. The desert was sweetened condensed milk, cream and lemon juice. Mash all that up (technical terms used here…) and put it on a biscuit. I swear it will be the best thing you've ever tasted. Oh! They don't have sweetened condensed milk here in Denmark. It's incredibly strange, so the teacher was really surprised when I said I knew what it was. I feel sorry for people here for not having it - everyone should experience the joys of SCM. All those time's I've gone and shared a jar with my brother, eating it like Nutella. Or is that just us? Regardless… nobody can disagree with that fact that it is delicious. So, I just realized how much I've written about sweetened condensed milk, I should probably move on…

Thursday, 'twas a fun day indeed! I continued to watch movies that creep me out, and did random stuff in class. But when it turned dark (at 4….) everything started to happen. The (pre-allocated I think) 'group' I sit in for meals, had a party type thing. We got 3 pizzas, but this pizzas were MASSIVE, like wow! I have no idea, they may have had a 50cm diameter? They were just massive, I had two pieces, and I literally couldn't eat any more. They were the best pizzas ever as well. After the food aspect of the party. We played this (Danish?) game, where everyone had to bring in one or two small gifts (under 20 Danish Krone, so 2 to 3 Australian Dollars). They all went into the centre of the table, and then two dice and a cup were passed around, basically if you rolled a 1 or a 6 you could take a present. So we went around, everyone had numerous presents, and this other guy and myself were still waiting to roll a 1 or a 6, and then all of the presents were gone. So we continued playing, but you could 'steal' a present from someone else. I finally got a present by the way! So we kept going around and when we decided the presents were shared fairly enough. We could open our presents! I got two boxes of chocolate (1 present) and a bottle of Head and Shoulders shampoo…. I traded one box of choccie for a phone case, so WIN! I'm very happy with that. After that party (yes, there's more…) all the girls got together to do this Danish Christmas tradition. Basically we wore white, had a thing on our head (you know those circle things that sit on your head funnily and normally have flowers? One of those, absolutely no idea what they're called….) with, it is holly? I think, I don't know… But we also got a candle, which I was ecstatic about since I absolutely adore fire, as I'm sure many of you do, if you know me you have to have some slight pyromaniac tendencies at times. If not, pretend you never read that… So we got together with the teachers, to keep this a secret, and then we organized for all the guys to come into the, what I think of as a mini lecture theatre. And there were candles all around that. At this point there were about 10 girls squished into a tiny bathroom, I mean, we were packed in tight - so funny. And there's one bathroom near each door, two doors by the way. So from there, after many phone calls to the other girls to try and make sure everything was synchronized. We came out and were singing a Danish Christmas carol, and all the guys were cheering (it had been kept a surprise) and it was just great. Something really simple, but it was heaps of fun, I really enjoyed it - and I got to keep the candle...

FRIDAY - Well we started the morning by going for a walk, with me rushing to get there in time. I managed to fall down the stairs, and I'm pretty sure the back of my leg is bruised. But if you're going to do something you may as well do it well! We were hoping to watch the sun rise but sadly it was too cloudy. But it was a nice walk regardless, I couldn't feel my ears by the end of it, but it sure woke me up. That's pretty much all that's happened today. Apart from me freaking out trying to pack everything and make it so I have enough clothes for next week and blah blah blah. Tactics and I don't work well together - but I think I have something worked out. But yeah, that's it. Woo.

Oh, I'm not sure what day I did this, but I put a little 'daily puppy' thing in the blog! It's next to the link to my Google Plus profile thing. I really like puppies, but who doesn't? So yeah, I thought it was cute, and decided to point it out for no apparent reason. Yep, I'm normal like that.Oh, I apologize for all my sentences starting with and. But I think that would be better than run-on sentences that last the entire paragraph, but believe be. It's frustrating me too.

So I hope you all had a great week, and continue to do so :)
Zoe xx

2 comments:

  1. YAY Zoe! I see your having the sickest time ever :) Stay safe and enjoy the snow. Make snow balls :)

    Johnathan - NYC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just got this message! But gosh, I had a blast :)

      Delete